Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Self-Reflection



With the advent of online chat and profiles, aided by camera phones and ever-more-compact digital cameras, comes a type of photography that is by now nearly ubiquitous....the self-reflection shot. These are those pictures where someone doesn't bother to get a friend to take their snapshot, but rather takes a picture of his own reflection, most often in the bathroom mirror. So, we get pictures of a hot guy watching the viewfinder of a camera, seeing a picture of himself taking a picture of himself. Not the most creative photography method, but functional and quick. And I won't complain, because it seems guys who are too shy to pose for another person in person will take a pictures of themselves and post them online for all to see. And the results are often quite pleasant.



More aspiring photographers....
































10 comments:

Pluboy2 said...

that way.. u can pose for the best shot and take again and again without feeling tired..

imagine askin a fren to take again and again.. pai seh also rite.. hahah

Anonymous said...

Do you remember where you found the pic of the guy with the backwards cap? Or better yet, do you know who he is? Very hot. Thanks.

Hafiz Hector said...

He's from Malaysia. And one of last years hottest hunks contestant. Mr. January I think. Happens to be my friend too.

Unknown said...

pluboy...
This is true...just end up always having cameras in the pictures, tho! But it is convenient to be certain

Unknown said...

Tim....
So have any of these "photo" sessions ended up being more, um, "interactive"? :-)

Unknown said...

Dave...
I didn't know where he is from, but thanks to Hafiz, we now know!

Unknown said...

Hafiz....
Thanks for the note. I get my pictures from so many different places that I don't remember where they all come from. Your friend is definitely very handsome!

Anonymous said...

omgomgomg!! the one with the shaved head is soooo hot! the others ones are yummy too but the shaved head one is just gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

hmm... yea, do you think you could tell me where you got the photo titled "selfportrait07.jpg"?

Michael said...

David....
I agree he is very hot; unfortunately, I get my pictures from so many different sources, that I honestly don't remember where that particular one comes from. If I run across it again along the way, I'll try to remember to keep it in mind, though.