Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Friday, August 18, 2006

About O.Y.G.A. Blog Pictures

There is no perfect way to deal with pictures on the internet, but these are two items of note reflecting the motivation of O.Y.G.A. Please e-mail me at the address listed in the post if you have any questions or concerns about this or any other aspect of the blog.

(1) This blog is published by a gay man and is primarily geared toward other gay men, though everyone is welcome here. However, the photos on this blog are culled from a variety of sources, so the appearance of a person's image on this blog is not intended as (and should not be viewed as) any statement of that person's sexual orientation or preferences.

(2) One of the blessings and curses of the internet is the amazing array of materials, both text and graphic, on nearly any subject imaginable. However, on the internet, it is nearly impossible to control others' uses of one's personal photos. The best rule of thumb is, if you don't want the world to see and copy your picture, don't put it online!

Having said that, as a person who earns a portion of my living from the sale of photos I have taken, I try to be sensitive to that which belongs to others online. Thus, if I find that a person has requested on a website that photos not be copied, I do my best to notice and honor such requests. But, it is is almost certain that, along the way, I have taken photos from a site which had in turn taken the same photos from a copyrighted site (but did not indicate this where I found the photos).

So, if either of the following conditions are true:

(a) a photo on this site is one to which you own the rights, or
(b) a photo on this site is of you personally...

...and if you do not wish it to be on this site, simply e-mail me at:

OYGAblog [at] gmail [dot] com

Tell me the title of the post and which picture has offended, and I will remove it immediately, with my sincere apologies for any inadvertent distress it causes.