Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Friday, August 25, 2006

"The Soft Starlight of Virgin Eyes"



Attraction is a funny thing. I have a friend who bases much of his determination of a man's attractiveness on the shape and size of his butt. Often, my friend will make a comment asking me if I noticed some guy's butt, which inevitably I did not. Because for me, at least 75% of attraction to a guy is determined from his neck up. And specifically, there are two things that, if they are in place, I can deal with a lot of physical variety. First, I love a guy with a beautiful smile. But even more important than the smile is a guy's eyes. A guy with beautiful, expressive eyes can basically melt my heart and get me to do anything he wants. Our eyes can be more eloquent than any word we can speak.

Consider the following with someone you love. Without a word, his eyes can seduce you. In quietness, his eyes can forgive you. When words are inadequate, his eyes can tell you he is there during your darkest night. And, in those days of fresh, young love, his eyes will dance and tell you everything you desire about his love for you.



In the words of Depeche Mode, "your optimistic eyes seem like paradise to someone like me."

Ok, so maybe these guys don't have the "virgin eyes" of Balzac's novel, but any one of them could make my knees weak....

























2 comments:

Sexbox said...

Smiles are important for me too. If a guy has dimples I get weak in the knees! As for eyes, I love blue/green/hazel. I don't see many Asian guys with those eye colors.

Michael said...

Sexbox....For some reason, the color of a guy's eyes doesn't matter as much to me as how expressive the eyes are. I'm not sure how to express this well, but I love when a guy's eyes "dance." As if he has some sort of mischief planned that only he knows about. Eyes that smile. :)