Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Blog Stroking: The Best of H.O.Z.

Note: This post was updated on 21 December 2006 to reflect the new site address when "The House of Zen" became "The Best of H.O.Z." See post for further explanation.



Visit "The Best of H.O.Z." at http://thoz.wordpress.com,

I saw a funny t-shirt the other day that read, "Nobody cares about your blog." It is sadly true that many blogs generate about as much interesting material as the guy in the barber's chair next to you who complains through his entire haircut about his ungrateful children and nagging wife. It is a rare blog that can spend much time talking about one's own personal life and still be written with a freshness that would keep people's interest.

It is this very freshness that first caught my attention at the blog The Best of H.O.Z.. Ok, that's not entirely true. What first caught my attention was the many pictures of goregeous Asian men on the site. The author "Zenngo", a 22-year-old Asian guy, has a wonderful eye for picking out pictures that would bring you back even if he was a bad writer.

But it is Zenngo's cheerful, optimistic perspective and ability to approach life with a freshness and simplicity in scarce supply today, that explains how his visitors have surpassed half a million hits in only 6 months of blogging. His genuineness comes through daily, and inevitably I navigate away from his site with a smile on my face that was not there when I arrived.

Today's post is a good example when, while commenting on a video clip, Zenngo says, "The video clip is ever so sweet! I love Ryan Carnes! He makes me go Ha Baa Ha Baa…". With a complete lack of pretension he entertains daily, and makes it seem as if he hardly has to try, making this one of two blogs that I quickly turn to any time I am feeling stressed and want to go somewhere I know will be cheerful and encouraging (the other blog being Moody's Gorgeous Life, which I reviewed recently on my other blog, Auto-Gratification).

Incidentally, "H.O.Z." stands for "House of Zen," which was the original title of his blog. You can still see the posts of that original site here.



After the jump, I have posted (with permission) a number more pictures that will give you an idea of what you can see at The Best of H.O.Z. And along with the pictures, make sure you don't miss two great videos that he posted recently, in this post and this post.





























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael!!!....
that is like the sweetest thing....
EVER!!!

im ever so blushing right now...
:)
*blush*

Michael said...

zenngo...
Well, thanks for all the kind things you have said about me as well...i'm glad we have become acquanited through these blogs!