Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hari Merdeka



It is 11:00 a.m. here in Chicago on Wednesday, August 30. This means it is now midnight in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on Thursday, August 31, the day in which, as my good friend Boon tells me, the Malaysian people celebrate Hari Merdeka, or Malaysian Independence Day. This evening, while I am stuck with an obligation I can't get out of, my friends are going to a great Malaysian restaurant for dinner....grrr. However, I give my best wishes and congratulations to all my Malaysian friends today. May the coming year be one of great prosperity for you and those dear to you!

In honor of the day, I asked a friend to help locate some good photos of guys from Malaysia. Now, I don't know how he finds these, but he went far and above what I could have hoped for. As you will see, he found some pictures of some hot guys, but two of these in particular are surpassing in their beauty. The first one is the guy pictured at the top of this post (yes, the one distracting you from reading the text). Here are several more pictures of him, with friends and solo:







Then, this second guy is no slacker either. My friend said he almost did not include him, because he was unable to confirm without doubt that he is from Malaysia, but I think we'll assume he is for now, eh?











And it doesn't end there, folks....






















5 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI, some of those photos are of Flickr user "chino-latino," who, as far as one can tell from his profile, isn't Malaysian. Still a definite hottie, of course.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you for sure that the first photo of the "second guy" was taken in Sydney at the Opera House. I guess that doesn't really help things as to confirming his ethnicity but .. meh.. it's something.. :)

Michael said...

Anonymous....
Thanks! :) Since I read Jeff's comment, I have seen that the guy actually does a lot of traveling, but apparently he is from Hong Kong. Your comment reminds me that I really need to plan a vacation to Sydney, though. :)

Michael said...

Tim....
Have you notice how, on profiles online, so many guys who, by all appearances, are "white" or "asian" or "latino", will identify themselves as "mixed"? Certainly no problem with appreciating one's heritage, but not the best marketing strategy I think! :)

Michael said...

Jeff....
[sigh] Oh well, hopefully he won't mind our using him to celebrate anyway!