Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Boxing



A fellow blogger pointed out to me this (not-safe-for-work) picture on one of my favorite blogs today. It got me thinking about how many pictures I have run across of Asian guys boxing. This question will probably display my ignorance, but is boxing particularly popular in Asian countries? Because I probably have more pictures of Asian boxers than of Asian guys involved in any other sport. It certainly puts to shame the stereotype that all Asian men are weak and feminine.



How can you not enjoy a sport where athletic men compete shirtless, get all sweaty, and need long massages afterwards?...




























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT BOXING CHAMP OF THE WORLD IS MANNY PACQUIAO -FILIPINO...FYI...WHO WILL HAVE A BOXING MATCH 2MOROW NITE AGAINST A MEXICAN BOXER...LIVE AT HBO...

Michael said...

Anonymous...
Shows how much I watch sports! LOL.

Michael said...

Tim...
It's very true. There are feminine and masculine men of every ethnicity. The more I consider this topic, the more I am convinced that you are correct, it is a subtle (or perhaps not-so-subtle) racism that has brought the idea of Asian femininity so firmly into popular mindsets.