Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Wake Me in May



It's starting to get cold in Chicago. I never enjoy Chicago's winter weather (having grown up in southern California where I never saw snow fall from the sky until I was a teenager), but it seems this year I am dreading it more than usual. I find myself thinking about warm weather and all the nice minimal-clothing-required activities that go along with it. About the only thing I like about cold weather is that it is nice for cuddling. So I'm planning just to cuddle up next to someone and hibernate til May. Meanwhile, here's some pictures that will at least let us bask in the glow of summer memories! And for those of you who live in warm climates, I am officially jealous of you for the next 6 months.



A few more of the reasons I like summer....





























9 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the contrary, i feel winter is an amazing experience with its bitter cold and icy snow, if only because texas lacks such a wintry climate... amongst other things i won't go into :)

Crash_Landon said...

Me Too! I never saw snow fall till I moved to New York City when I was 23. I thought it was dirt falling from the buildings. But I DO love the way it quieted the city...

Michael -- you're ALWAYS welcome for a visit back here in sunny L.A.!

Kit said...

where i am it is always hot hot and hot and i long for cooler days (a case of grass is greener i guess).

i first saw snow in london where i was studying and yes as it did look like dirt falling! haha

Michael said...

Jimmy/Crash/Kit...
I agree that snow can be beautiful, and its quieting effect is fascinating as well. But my idea of enjoying the snowfall would be sitting in a hot tub with someone special in an all-glass room that is adjacent to a beautiful forest. Then we can enjoy the snow falling on a moonlit night as we cuddle together and enjoy the warmth. But then that picturesque moment would be completely negated as I'm outside trying to scrape the ice off my car windshield the next morning and being exhausted trying to dig a path through the snow so I can pull out of the driveway, then a snow plow truck comes tearing by, making the beautiful white snow become a grey ugly salty mess.

Michael said...

Tim.....
Good points, and I certainly do not try to ruin others' enjoyment of the winter weather. I guess, as you said, my appreciation of spring and summer has increased greatly because of dealing with winter. I actually can feel my spirits lift as the weather warms in the spring.

Anonymous said...

We've switched.

I grew up in the 'burbs of Chicago (Hoffman Estates) and I hated those cold and bitter winters.

I now live in Southern California, enjoying the mild winters, hell it was 92 today.

Do I miss Chicago. Sometimes, but I certainly do not miss winters!

Unknown said...

David...
I lived in Streamwood when my family moved to Illinois when I was in high school, so practically neighbors! I'm jealous of you now, although I have to say I love living in the city here much more than the burbs!

Anonymous said...

Well...This Thanksgiving is actually not as cold as I expected. It was colder (and rainy) back at East Coast.

Usually I like to go to the Christmas Market to have a cup of gluewein (hot red wine) at Daley Square. It tastes great when the weather is very cold. Maybe because it is not cold today, the gluewein just did not taste as good as before...

Michael said...

Wellesley...
Yes, here in Chicago the weather has been unbelievably warm. 60 degree weather in late November is fabulous, in my opinion!