Welcome Message

This blog celebrates the beauty of Asian men by illustrating the depth and variety that is so often missed by those who make foolish statements like "All Asians look the same." It is primarily a photo blog, but I will also occasionally write comments related to Asian men and gay life as it relates to them.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Painting the Town Red (A World of Color, Day Two)



If we were assigning adjectives to colors, and I said "intense", you very likely would immediately gravitate to the color red. Red likes attention. It claimed the uppermost spot on the rainbow and thus the starting spot in lists of colors. Red shows up when we express our love (be my Valentine) or our anger (he's seeing red); as one person noted, red is both Cupid and the Devil.

Red chases celebrity, showing up when important people are around (and the red carpet is rolled out). Red is controlling, always commanding us to STOP.

You will want to be aware of the culture in which you move if you use red. In China, red indicates prosperity and happiness, but in South Africa, it is the color of mourning. Brides in the East will often wear red dresses, while those in the West generally do that only if it is a second marriage. (source)

Well, it is getting late, and if I don't want to have red eyes in the morning, I must get to bed. Check back tomorrow, for day 3 of A World of Color, and until then, enjoy the pictures!



It's a red-letter day....





























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never wanted to be a boxer as badly as I do right now.

Unknown said...

damn.. the last pic is so hot.

Michael said...

Tim/Kelvin...
Yes, I think that's one of my favorite pics in my collection (especially since I'm somewhat close to the build of the guy holding the punching bag and can imagine it's me.. :-)

Anonymous said...

Gosh I wish that was me holding onto that punching bag. Some people have all the luck!